- Client: Platform9
- Type: Website
- Project Timeline: January 2016 – June 2017
- Link: recently redesigned
Some projects you pursue and some projects fall into your lap. This project crashed through the ceiling and pinned me to the ground.
I am not the creator of this website. It was created by an agency and handed to me by fate and circumstance. Initially I declined the opportunity but, thankfully, Platform9 pleasantly persisted. I have learned more from this project than any other single project.
I have enjoyed a two and half year relationship with this site. Here are just some of the challenges that were conquered…
- The site included a buggy and inaccessible Gulp workflow that made it nearly impossible to work with. We cleaned up the Gulp issues, streamlined the workflow and restructured the project to be more efficient.
- Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) was used extensively – sometimes too much and sometimes with too few options. We cleaned up ACF and added useful options where needed.
- There were several pages created ad hoc. When possible, we worked through these problem pages and properly rebuilt them.
- We were tasked with implementing different marketing automation solutions – from Marketo to Pardot then Hubspot.
These were just some of the bigger challenges encountered with this site. We also provided ongoing support and maintenance, additional design (full pages and individual elements), new feature development and more.
Though the obstacles were great, I am immensely proud of our work on this site. What was once a wild, snarling beast of technology is now a tamed beast. I’ll miss you Platform9. You taught me the most.
About the Client
Platform9 is the open source-as-a-service company making cloud infrastructure easy.